blog-cover-photo

blog-cover-photo

Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Men Behind the "Corner"

As many of you know by now, my dad passed away of lung cancer Friday November 18 surrounded by his family as Jesus took him home.  As it is briefly mentioned in this blog that "Coffin Corner" is named after my grandpa's and my dad's sports column in the Monterey Herald that ran weekly for many decades, I am humbled to now carry it on alone.  Pretty sentimental, I know.  But the thought gives me both pause and motivation to pay a bit more attention to the blog and get back to writing weekly updates.

For now, the update is this: Thank you for your prayers for my family.  Dad's memorial service will be Monday, December 12, 7 PM at Cypress Community Church.  Also, Jake is doing extremely well after his second chemotherapy treatment for Hodgkin Lymphoma.

We - my entire family - greatly appreciate your thoughts and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment