blog-cover-photo

blog-cover-photo

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

"Please update your account..."

Does anybody EVER respond to emails like the ones I keep getting from someone claiming to be my Cox provider:

"We are pleased to inform you that due to the numbers of population using our site, we found out that some emails are been used as fraud, therefore we are closing down some unused emails, so if you still want to keep your account with us you are to kindly provide the details below so we can upgrade you.

E.M.A.I.L
P.A.S.S.W.R.D

if upgrade is not made, within 2 days of this notification, your email will be closed and you cant access it.

Thanks"

I mean, the grammar alone ought to give one pause, wouldn't you think?  But my guess is that people do indeed respond and give their personal information away to clowns like this, otherwise, why would such emails keep coming?  Apparently it's working.

No comments:

Post a Comment