blog-cover-photo

blog-cover-photo

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Worship Team Consulting

I'm beginning something new!  God has placed on my heart to conduct worship leading seminars, one at a time for local churches here in Tucson. 

As a full-time worship leader for 15 years, it was always a huge chore to coordinate (and find room in the budget) getting a good portion of my worship team to travel to a nearby town to attend a worship leading seminar.  The travel, registration, and meals cost alone for 7-10 people was usually in the neighborhood of $700-$1000 (and if we had to stay over night, it was double that!).  These seminars would usually feature a prominent worship leader from a large church conducting a seminar for dozens of church worship teams at one time.  There was very little time allowed for Q-n-A, and even when there was, we were competing with many others asking questions, and might only have time to ask one or two.  The leaders were forced to be quite generic in their training, as many of the attendees were from all sorts of churches (large, small, in-between). 

There are over 200 protestant churches who employ "worship teams" (as opposed to a traditional choir) in Tucson alone.  The concept I'm running with is that the seminar "comes to you" - conducted at your church, exclusive to your worship team.  I'll be offering to attend one worship team rehearsal, followed by a 4-hour Saturday session with the entire team.  The seminar will be conducted in such a way as to enhance the existing worship style at any given church, not to "change" it.  I have extensive experience as a worship leader in both large and small churches, and relate well to differing styles and the problems/obstacles/issues associated with each.

I'm currently in the process of building a website where pastors and worship leaders can go for more information.  On that site, I will be posting "reviews" of me as a worship leader/teacher.  If you've been on a worship team with me, or have been led in worship by me, I'd be honored to have you write a "review" that I might be able to post on my new site.  Since the site is still being constructed, I'd love it if you might just write that review in the comments section of this blog. 

Whatd'ya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment